The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question for you body builders
Thanks Duncan, I was trying to find the tools that cut holes and form the edges. I'll drop hints to the family given yhe season approaching!
You can make them easily from MDF Nick, they wont last as long as a steel former but wont cost silly money for a one off job. I have even used old A7 bearing outer rings to press dimples, just mess around with some bits of scrap and be inventive. You do not NEED special tools to do bodywork. This is the whole point of my body building threads to show what can be done without anything special. Cut the holes with step drills, hole saws or even with a jigsaw for larger ones.
Black Art Enthusiast
(14-11-2022, 01:21 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: You can make them easily from MDF Nick...

That's great to know Ian, I baulked a little at the price for the sizes I'd like to use!
(14-11-2022, 01:21 AM)Ian Williams Wrote: You can make them easily from MDF Nick, they wont last as long as a steel former but wont cost silly money for a one off job. I have even used old A7 bearing outer rings to press dimples, just mess around with some bits of scrap and be inventive. You do not NEED special tools to do bodywork. This is the whole point of my body building threads to show what can be done without anything special. Cut the holes with step drills, hole saws or even with a jigsaw for larger ones.

Quite

I took inspiration from your work Ian and Mark Atkinson's Slippery Anne progress and made a panel and the louvre press I needed from some MDF, a bit of ash and a Dremel. I wouldn't want to use that approach in a production environment but I'm a bloke in a shed, doing it for fun.

Charles
Rather than mdf buy yourself a few cheap polyethylene food chopping boards they'll last longer, same amount of effort to shape as mdf ....

I use a press, it ensures a even pressure on your panel ...

HTH's

cheers
Matt
(14-11-2022, 02:16 PM)goodwoodweirdo Wrote: Rather than mdf buy yourself a few cheap polyethylene food chopping boards they'll last longer, same amount of effort to shape as mdf ....

I didn't "buy" any of it!

c
just nip into the kitchen, sure the wife wouldn't notice her chopping board gone Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Very nice louvre's btw.....
Excellent Charles! I am pleased to see I inspired someone, your home machining work has a similar effect on me.
Black Art Enthusiast