The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Scottish Austin Seven Club Rally 2023 - Guiltown, Perthshire
Dates for Guildtown 2023 have now been confirmed...

We have just about recovered from one of the nicest gatherings in many years.

Young blood and some changes to the line up have added to t                 he event for the better. We are very grateful to all who came along, particularly those from afar.

Friday night started with the welcome party, this ensure anyone visiting for the first time is introduced, made welcome and looked after.
On Saturday the cars took a 60 mile tour of Perthshire on the back roads, everyone seemed to really enjoy the run this year and no recoveries were required.

Saturday night saw a new band at the Ceilidh, they went down a storm, as did the free bar and the Whisky/ey - both were being played for.

Sunday saw the static display of cars, some autojumble, catering whilst the Jazz Band entertained us all.

In the evening a traditional Ceilidh, where everyone is encouraged to do a “party piece” young and old took part and has proved so popular that it will now be one a fixed feature of future events.

Another fantastic weekend, 4 days on and iam still recovering.

Great to see the many new faces along with unseen cars before, the rally field produced a great cross section of sevens from very early to the last of the big sevens, rare sports, unique specials and vans.

Anoraks were few and far between - the sun must have kept them away !!

Im sure 2024 will have even more to offer
Hi All

What more can I say!  Liz and I had a really good time and even if there was one we wouldn’t have won the long haul award! There were cars driven from Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Cumbria and all parts of Scotland. I really enjoyed seeing cars being driven around the field by the under twenties….In one case the under tens  Big Grin.

Being a shy retiring type I amazed myself by telling bad jokes as a turn in the ‘talent show’.

Thanks to all the organises for making it such a super occasion!

Howard and Liz
Thank you for coming, Howard.

We hope you enjoyed your journey north and that you are safely home. Hopefully some photos of that mountain road trip can be shared?