The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centenary
A belated praise for all involved with the Centenary event....yes it was brilliant.  On the Thursday picnic day Janet and I joined a couple, from Germany, under the shade of the spreading cedar tree with our delicious picnic hamper (and much nearer the bar!)

How did all those hundreds of people having their picnic out on the open field, beyond the tents, in the full glare of the sweltering sun survive?
Sadly my Nippy(special) was not ready to take so I had to attend in my Reliant Scimitar GTC (well it is a direct descendant of the Austin).  Both of us had limited mobility with leg problems so a huge thanks to the college staff who located us in a ground floor room across from the main building with parking for the car; and for their assistance in getting a new battery through security to be delivered to the car. Thanks to the man supplying a jump start from his modern to get us mobile to get to Prescott, age has intervened to forget your name!
With our limited mobility combined with the heat Janet and I were not able to get round everything and with so many people met and chatted to and yet so many missed we could have done with the celebration having another week!!!!!! 
I would have liked to have been able to have helped with some marshalling but was just not up to it.........perhaps another week next year to celebrate the 101st year Wink 

Dennis and Janet from Devon
Good to see that you enjoyed the event Dennis.

We have just put out this message, which I'll copy here so that you can also enjoy the trailer.

The process of cataloguing the 10,000+ photos and videos from the Centenary Event week is ongoing but there is now a two-minute taster trailer on the Centenary website, which includes some drone footage.

We have also published some of the hundreds of messages of thanks that the organising team received following the event. We'll let you know when more of the images and film are published.

https://a7centenary.com
Dennis' post is typical of the feedback from the event, and echoes my only criticism: it wasn't long enough!!