The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Building my first Austin Seven car
Girl power!! 

Well done Daisy, and keep it up, you have a great teacher.

Best wishes for your completed project.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
This is brilliant to see. Well done Daisy!
Just one thing, Daisy. Good job, well done. However - lesson n°1 - NEVER, ever, leave the chuck key in the lathe - look at photo n°5 of the Myford (blue) lathe.

Even if it is out of gear, or switched off. Take it out & hang it up. Get into the habit of doing it every time.

Oh, and another thing... get your Dad to put those Silverline whitworth spanners in their holder the right way round. The lack of sunchronicity is doing me 'ed in. (apologies for the OCD moment)
Excellent stuff Daisy. As many have bleary said, I wish I'd had the opportunity to do what you are doing. Keep it up!
Great work Daisy! Very impressed with the care you are taking. Look forward to more posts
(30-10-2022, 11:04 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Just one thing, Daisy. Good job, well done. However - lesson n°1 - NEVER, ever, leave the chuck key in the lathe - look at photo n°5 of the Myford (blue) lathe.

Even if it is out of gear, or switched off. Take it out & hang it up. Get into the habit of doing it every time.

When I was about 6 years older than you are now, Daisy, and in my first few days in the machine shop at my local Technical College (ask your Dad what they were) not leaving the key in the chuck of any machine was drummed into us. However, this was not before one of us had done exactly that and started his lathe. The chuck key flew out, across the workshop, through a window and embedded itself in the windscreen of a car parked outside. 53 years later I'm still paranoid when it comes to chuck keys Exclamation Exclamation

Every encouragement to you in your project. Like everyone else, I'm really looking forward to hearing more as you progress.

Steve
At the tech college I attended we were not allowed to let go of the chuck key until it was back on its storage hook...
(30-10-2022, 07:37 PM)Duncan Grimmond Wrote: At the tech college I attended we were not allowed to let go of the chuck key until it was back on its storage hook...

All that education about chuck keys given to us decades ago must have worked. In my case I learnt machining at school so physical violence was a frequent teaching aid!

Charles
Thanks everyone, Daisy understands the need to remove it and we are going to fit a spring on the end to ensure it cannot be left in.
HI Daisy,
You are like A Breath of fresh Air, will definitely be following your post .
A lot of Grumpy old men on this Forum are going to learn a lot of things they  did not think they needed to Know

All the Best young Lady

Colin
NZ