The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cylinder Head Drawing
I don't suppose anyone has a dimensioned drawing of an Ulster, Nippy or other sports type head? 
A late Ruby could also be a good start point

Thanks

Charles
That sounds intriguing Charles, what are you planning?

Scroll through the images to get to the Riccardo patent drawing. This isn't dimensioned, but if you set the scale based on the bore at 2.2" or the overall length of the head, you'll get somewhere near.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/s...%20ricardo
(21-10-2022, 10:05 PM)Nick Lettington Wrote: That sounds intriguing Charles, what are you planning?

Scroll through the images to get to the Riccardo patent drawing. This isn't dimensioned, but if you set the scale based on the bore at 2.2" or the overall length of the head, you'll get somewhere near.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/s...%20ricardo

Thanks Nick. Interesting 

Planning - well, self explanatory really.

Charles
so is this a blank you have come across, or have you started from scratch with an aim in mind?
I can pm you the centers from memory for the studs,water transfers if you like.
As you will know machining the combustion chambers on a manual machine is the difficult bit.
(22-10-2022, 10:44 AM)Austin in the Shed Wrote: I can pm you the centers from memory for the studs,water transfers if you like.
As you will know machining the combustion chambers on a manual machine is the difficult bit.

Dave, that would be handy. 
The combustion chambers are likely to be an exercise in mimicking a CNC by centring on the plugs and machining cautiously by DRO to a design and traversing 5 thou a time. 

Charles
Hi Charles,
I've just sent you a private message.
Best wishes,
Nick
I might have a drawing somewhere Charles. The prototype went with the marriott and I've been trying to reacquire it (in case anyone has recently bought a new machined head covered in sharpie annotations).

It might be a bit drastic though...
(23-10-2022, 06:15 PM)JoeRowing Wrote: I might have a drawing somewhere Charles. The prototype went with the marriott and I've been trying to reacquire it (in case anyone has recently bought a new machined head covered in sharpie annotations).

It might be a bit drastic though...

Thanks Joe. Almost certainly way too ambitious but any interesting drawings you stumble across think of me. 

Sorry not to see you yesterday - Covid in half term is really bad luck. You wouldn’t believe that we ate and drank in that garage!

Best Wishes 

Charles
That looks rather like my Dante head that I have never dared to use!