The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antifreeze...again
I know this is a frequently asked question...but...what antifreeze should I use for my 1933 RP .
I don't seem to be able to get bluecol blue. I thought i had ordered some via Internet...and what has arrived is pink !! Bluecol oe 40 plus.
PLEASE   can someone please give me name (and possibly supplier) of a suitable antifreeze...I am looking for something that will give me corrosion resistance rather than  cold weather protection.  Best regards
The pink antifreeze is usually OAT ( Organic Acid Technology) which rents to be the norm in modern vehicles - it's perfectly fine as long as you flush out any old antifreeze as the two are not compatible.
Failing that, if you can't get the blue, then the supermarket green antifreeze is equally OK.
I had thought that the pink OAT was inadvisable in historic vehicles?
Millers anti - freeze is available and is the correct type i.e. Etherlyne Glycol

Hope that helps you
For the past six or seven years I have used this in all my Sevens. Available from GSF Car Parts and reasonably priced.

.jpg   IMG_20221005_124302034.jpg (Size: 84.78 KB / Downloads: 245)

.jpg   IMG_20221005_124318907.jpg (Size: 85.41 KB / Downloads: 245)
Bluecol 2 Year Antifreeze & Coolant is still widely available! I found lots on the internet at varying prices & have just ordered more Smile !
Comma Coldmaster

https://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/view/6/300
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box
Or, some are using Fernox additive if you don't want antifreeze. I'd be interested to know if anyone is combining both?
Many thanks to all who have taken trouble to reply, much appreciated.
I get blue antifreeze at the local car parts shop in Galashiels.
Jim