The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Stud Thread Sealant
What thread sealant - if any - do the experts recommend for reducing coolant seepage on cylinder head and manifold studs?
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
I now use a ptfe based liquid steam pipe thread sealant, it works extremely well and is available from major plumbing suppliers here in NZ. You should be able to source something similar in the UK, I know some here recommend Loctite, but I still had the occasional stud weep when I used to use it.
Black Art Enthusiast
There was a useful post regarding all joints and people's favourite goo, which I bookmarked for future reference:
https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...826&page=3
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I was recommended a pipe sealer from Wurth:

Buy Pipe and thread sealant medium strength online (wurth.co.uk)

by someone I used to work with who built Formula Ford competition engines for a living. It has worked really well for me.
I still like the silicon sealers. I have a tube of Loctite black silicon sealant which I bought about 15 years ago (sorry can’t remember the number and now is not visible on the tube.) I have never had any issues with it. What I like is the sponginess of silicon as it allows for movement when expanding and contracting with heat keeping the seal.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
Thanks for your helpful replies chaps.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Wurth now do a combined medium strength (which means dismantlable) combined gloop, supposedly good for bearing fixing, thread locking, pipe (water etc?) sealing and fixing your dentures with.

It's a little more expensive than a single product, but will be more likely to be used up before it goes hard, and you only need one bottle (or only have one to lose/ find)

I wonder if it's any good?