The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One for the (not too) Brave?
On Hemmings (USA) there is a 1930 Seven Tourer (AF?) for sale at what is now a sensible price I think. Listed under Austin & Austin Sevens
 1930 Austin Seven 2-Door/ 4 Seater Touring Convertible - Priced... | Hemmings
VIN (possibly US registration allotted 068215
Chassis no 126797 (end 1930)
The car has been owned for 54 years (since a 16 year old) and is for sale as the owner is in poor health. The car is partly stripped (original engine in pieces!), but claims everything boxed & labelled. With 50+ years documents. Needs new hood (top!) No rust etc...claimed.
If the docs include original export docs then it may be possible to get the original Reg No back.
Price reduced from $9900 to $4900. To get it back from the East Coast (Huntingdon N& 11743) would be £1000-£1300. So for around £5000  even at todays strong Dollar you could get it home. 
I have no interest in this ... I need to stay married...having brought four sevens over in the past five years I am not allowed any more ventures!

• So witha 

excellent - another one for the survivors register now for sale!

what model is it? Is that an AE?
Late AF with the integral scuttle moulding, correct features for that chassis number.
Sadly it’s getting more expensive by the day to buy anything in the US.
Current rates make the car £4,500 before shipping, making it probably £6,000 all in. That’s about a grand more than 12 months ago
... and then there's the import duty and registration costs to add to the equation.
plus getting it to the nearest port in the US... When I imported a car back in 2015, internal shipping cost more than getting it across the Atlantic!
(25-09-2022, 03:23 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: plus getting it to the nearest port in the US... When I imported a car back in 2015, internal shipping cost more than getting it across the Atlantic!

Hopefully not too bad since it’s only on Long Island so shouldn’t be too hard to get to a port in New Jersey. 
I suspect that it’ll remain in the US

C
As the seller has dropped the price dramatically (ok, from a hopeful/unrealistic price) I think there is room for more reduction....price to include getting it to the docks perhaps?... It sounds to me that there is sentiment involved & going to a good home (to be restored) would be worth a bit! you are right, internal transport is not cheap in the USA if you don't want the car on an open trailer rig. And with an open Seven full of precious bits, you want it under cover! The cars I bought were all when the £/$ was 15% better.