The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1934 Austin 7 RP roof install
I am putting new material on the rear section of my car . It has the sliding sunroof that i just recovered and i am working on the top rear section . I have removed the track section that the roof slides on but i am a a lost on how the fabric is attached . The old roof material has screws under the roof material holding the frame that is screwed thru the frame to the wood frame below. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated on the assembly of this. Huh
You may not be aware of the illustrations that can be found on the Archive web site. The roof structure of the RP can be found here:

http://archive.a7ca.org/collections/tech...em/TD0190/?

If you look at 'Detail C' you will see that the roof covering goes round the wooden roof frame, including the metal strip on the top of the frame, which is then dropped into place and screwed in place by means of the metal rail underneth that pulls it all down into a bed of mastic.

I'm not sure how well I have described that but the job you are about to undertake, may be a little more invasive than you imagined.
Gregg I have a Ruby and not an RP but if you search “Ruby Sunroof” on this forum I posted 2 period papers which covered the restoration of a sliding roof, one of which is for Austin’s to 1934 which hopefully will be of assistance.
Cheers
Thank you so much. I was wondering if it took magic to make the screws appear underneath the top material and in the metal. Thanks again. Gregg

Thanks for the assistance   Gregg