The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windshield: One-piece or splitted?
The pre-owner of my new Austin had replaced the original windscreen by a one-piece.

What is your opinion?

Is it affordable to use a one-piece, for more comfort maybe, or should I rebuild the windshield to a splitted original one, which would look much better? If so, where could I get one, are those available?

That's of course a matter of personal taste, but I'm a little bit unsure and would like to get some different opinions. Some pros and cons would be nice.

Thank you very much in advance, have a nice weekend you all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I noticed the retaining clips on your original photos and thought you must have a modified saloon screen fitted! Unless you are keen to revert to the original Longbridge set-up I would leave well alone; replacement screens of the correct type are available, but you will need to change everything including the upright supports, and the present screen will now be too wide for a saloon so will have no significant resale value.

Do you know the history of the car? It's possible it has been imported from Australia, where I believe some chummies did have a single panel screen.