The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registering a special
I have recently purchased a chassis with most of the running gear from a local farm and believe the car to have a very local history. I understand the body and some other bits were removed after it was involved in an accident with a tractor and can confirm that it appears to have had a whack with one rear spring and the chassis having both a bend and a split where the spring/rear wheel had been hit.
It does have a clear chassis number but no registration plates or documents. The era of the parts seem to all match up to the age of the chassis to give a date of 1932 and the chassis has not been chopped or altered apart from the damage sustained.

My question is if I was to build or purchase a period body what would be required to get the car road registered and how best to go about it?

My second question is if this is all possible within the ever increasing DVLA rules what body should I go for?
Having seen some of the more exotic A7s at the centenary I was thinking of possibly recreating something that has dissapered as I like a good challenge
If you were to rebuild the car as a standard A7 with a genuine 1932ish body you should, theoretically, be able to register it as a 1932 A7 "whatever the body is". If you build your own replica/special body - it's in the lap of the gods!

I have negotiated a Super Accessories special for one of our club members with no real problems - but could not reclaim the original reg number.

Most clubs have a DVLA "inspector" like me - so contact your local club - Cambridge, I guess.
Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Hi

As Rick has said DVLA registration should be straight forward. You will inevitably receive an age related and non transferable plate. 

I’ve built two specials and, with the tremendous help of my local club DVLA officer (Thanks John), had no problems.  Both had bodies that I built from scratch.

So first port of call should be the DVLA liaison officer, and then. Go for it!

Cheers

Howard