The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA bolt advise
Hello
Having a bit of a tidy up and we have a surplus of 0 BA and 2 BA bolts, assorted heads.
Are they worth selling or should I just weigh them in?
I have used some BA on the Austin but never any 0?
I doubt they have much value unless you have kilos worth, however, model steam enthusiasts use BA threads. Gift them to a club near to you ??
Check one of these out ?
https://modelengineeringwebsite.com/Clubs.html
I find 2BA incredibly useful. How much do you have?

Peter
I have an assortment weighs 14.5KG! mostly 0BA some 2 BA and the odd box of wood screws, we have kept a big assortment just incase
Problem is its worth £35 - 50 scrap, not got a  proper price yet as I forgot to ring them today.
Its such a shame to scrap them
If you can bothered with the packing and posting, there's a market for them (I bought some quite recently).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow!
I wonder if I did bags of 100 assorted any one would buy them?
Such a shame to scrap them
Where are you based?
Bag them up in 100s, put an ad on here (ideally with with a keen price!) and I suspect that you’ll shift a load to me and many others.
As Peter said, 2BA are a really useful size. 0BA perhaps less so since it’s so close to 1/4BSF

Charles
Even closer to M6☺
(03-09-2022, 09:11 AM)David.H Wrote: Even closer to M6☺

....indeed, as BA threads are based on a metric system. I looked it up to be sure and..."They are unusual in that they were probably the most "scientific" design of screw, starting with 0BA at 6.0 mm diameter and 1.0 mm pitch and progressing in a geometric sequence where each larger number was 0.9 times the pitch of the last size. They then rounded to 2 significant figures in metric and then converted to inches and rounded to the thousandth of an inch. This anticipated worldwide metrication by about a century. The design was first proposed by the British Association in 1884[1][2] with a thread angle and depth based on the Swiss Thury thread,[3] it was adopted by the Association in 1903." One can never have too many boxes of nuts and bolts - and I still have the remains of many acquired in my teens. As it will be impossible to use them in a lifetime, if passed along they might prove useful for the great, great grandchildren to repair their horse-drawn plough....