The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Mk2 Headlights
What size headlights came with Ruby ?
I have seen advertisements for 7”,6” , 6 15/16” 
The ones that came in the box of bits are a bit ropey and one has been rubbed down to brass.
Where exactly do you measure the shell to get the measurements?
Thanks
The overall diameter looks like 6 15/16ths" though I suspect most people would round it up to 7" That's measured across the back of the rim, which is the only place I could measure without larger verniers!

If you're thinking of buying replacements make sure they have the "King of the Road" emblem in the right place relative to the mounting bolt. Other cars have similar headlamps but with the mounting on the side.
I was looking to buy a headlight replacement kit and have seen one advertised as 6 15/16 “
Mine are about that size depending on where you measure
I’m thinking of buying them and getting the shells I have rechromed I’d I cagey throw dents out of them
The have the King of the Road marking
I didn’t want to buy these lights and find they didn’t fit
Some caution needed here. Are you talking about the outer diameter of the rim and shell, or the reflector/glass assembly?

The original reflector/glass size is approximately six and a half inches. What used to be widely described and sold as Lucas 700 (i.e. 7") units or equivalent required an angled rim to fit an original shell, which often came as part of the kit, or was available separately.
I knew it wouldn’t be simple ?
Good morning. A Mk2 Ruby would have been supplied with Lucas L131 or 133 headlamps. The overall diameter of the lamp is 67/8" 176mm. The glasses are 'tear drop' 613/32" 167mm diameter.

Regards from the creative county, Staffordshire
Thanks Joseph
I can see you’ve had this question before now I know the headlight type
http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/s...5&cmd=show
If you’re in Stafford you are welcome to call.