The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Speedo Cable
I’ve seen a post which identified the length of speedo cables for each model / year but can’t find it now
Can anyone help ?
Trying to identify a cable for mk2 Ruby
Have a look at The Austin Seven Warehouse
48" is the correct length, but I doubt if an inch either way would be critical for a Ruby (as it might be on earlier models with short cables). More important to get the right fitting for the speedo head.
https://www.theaustinsevenworkshop.com/s...eedo+cable  For your Ruby it should be easy - though if the one on mine is any a guide,  you'll probably find it a tad too long.
I can’t find the Austin Seven Warehouse

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My apologies
It should be
The Austin Steven Workshop
This is what happens when you get old
Although better than the alternative
Is this correct for. Ruby Mk2 ?
Many thanks
Hi
Can anyone confirm if this is correct for a Ruby Mk 2
Thanks
My personal view :- I have a metal cased speedo cable on a 3 speed box for a 32 RN saloon. I replaced a much older cable as the speedo needle jittered back and forth. After a few hundred miles, the new speedo cable was as bad as the ancient one and got so bad that the top end of the cable was HOT to touch and was noisier than the gearbox which is saying something. Oh, and I can confirm that the cable was not being used as an EARTH return..
Thanks Bob
I have a project car and the box of bits didn’t include a speedo cable so I have no choice but to get one
I’m just trying to identify if the one in the pic is right for a Ruby Mk 2
If anyone has a suitable one that would be good