The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: Old yes use them or not
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Take them straight to the tip.
83.33%
5 83.33%
No they will get some one mobile
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Avon tyres
We have just removed 3 Avon side car tyres from our 7 would they have a value? Or best taken to the tip?
The 4 th one is a different brand but perished
Running old tyres, IMO, is like installing old rad hose or reusing paper gaskets. You can do it, but you're asking for trouble

We are allowed to do our own MOTs and with that comes the responsibility to make sure our cars are as safe as practical to other road users.
Thats why we changed them, they would make a project mobile again.
I suppose that it depends on the date code, condition and the risk you want to take. This explains older and newer date codes: https://www.oponeo.co.uk/blog/tyre-s-dat...anufacture. There is no law that mentions the age of a tyre on a private car, only certain classes of commercial vehicles are forbidden from using tyres older than 10 years. Even here there are certain exceptions including "historic" commercial vehicles no longer used commercially and - rather surprisingly - re-treads where the date of re-treading is taken as the manufactured age. Hence, you could legally drive your car on tyres that appear externally to be perfect - but were made in 1920. The snag is, what deterioration has happened inside?
Send yourself to sleep and read: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986...on/27/made and https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020...ion/2/made etc.
I doubt a domestic tip will take them (mine won't)
Ours will but they charge for each tyre you take in. £3/tyre, I think, last time I took some.

Steve
4.50 in Devon. Free in Essex
Our tip won't take them, can I post you about 20!!!
Adrian.
There are occasional requests for "tyres to get project rolling" you could place an add in the for sale section under that banner noting  NOT FOR ROAD USE. Remember to put size of tyres.
Civil amenity tips really pee me off sometimes. They are run by or on behalf of local councils but of late they make rules that you can’t take this and you can’t take that. Then they complain about fly tipping. I am sure for none business users it would be a more cost effective way to accept these items rather have them fly tipped. Then have to recover them and still have to dispose of them.
I am not suggesting anybody on this forum would fly tip.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.