The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $thumblist - Line: 1031 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 1031 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/functions_post.php 832 get_post_attachments
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince Chula and his drive in the works sidevalve
1936 Nuffield Trophy race at Donnington. "B.Bira's" story of his drive in the works sidevalve.
Click each page for a higher resolution copy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chula was Bira's Cousin and the owner of White Mouse Racing which Bira drove for.
Bira's handicap in the race was generous and, after the withdrawal of the Twin-cams, he very nearly won, which would have been one in the eye for the race's sponsor.
Chula gives an account of the race in his book "Road Racing 1936".
Bira won the 1955 NZ Grand Prix driving a Maserati, leading from start to finish.
(13-08-2022, 07:06 AM)39Jet Wrote: Chula was Bira's Cousin and the owner of White Mouse Racing which Bira drove for.
Bira's handicap in the race was generous and, after the withdrawal of the Twin-cams, he very nearly won, which would have been one in the eye for the race's sponsor.
Chula gives an account of the race in his book "Road Racing 1936".
Bira won the 1955 NZ Grand Prix driving a Maserati, leading from start to finish.
Thanks, 39Jet. For further enjoyment, several very inexpensive books by "Chula" crop up regularly on abebooks.co.uk Also search for "Bira" which is often the only way of finding a copy of "Bits and Pieces".

While talking about Prince Chula it reminded me of the dog water through in Cambridge.
See: https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/la...g-23181793
Jim
that was a good read!
(13-08-2022, 01:47 PM)AustinWood Wrote: While talking about Prince Chula it reminded me of the dog water through in Cambridge.
See: https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/la...g-23181793

As a pal of mine once observed, the water trough needs a lap counter...
I have an Autographed book by Bira.
He was a splendid writer considering english was not his native tongue.
He lived in Cornwall for a number of years.

In my collection I have the official programme of the event. Enclosed is the relevant page
(13-08-2022, 07:20 PM)Chris Garner Wrote: In my collection I have the official programme of the event. Enclosed is the relevant page
Thanks for that - quite wonderful. I hope you don't mind but I've turned it around for easier reading.