The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Laser rust removal tool…
Some years ago I renovated a Sunbeam Alpine and soda blasted the shell...it not only removed all the existing paint, but was gentle enough that even the heat marks from the factory spot welds remained.

I would thoroughly recommend it, but make sure every nook and cranny is blasted with high pressure air before you paint it!

Soda blasting is wonderful, I am keen to hear how Laser rust removal works, if experience exists.
This website gives an interesting insight into how it all works.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/does-la...ffordable/
Thanks for sharing that, Ian. Fortunately, prices are now at an affordable level.
If they work anything like as well as the Utube clips I have watched they are a brilliant tool for us, and it would appear far safer to use on a component than anything else I have so far discovered. Got to be worth experimenting with, I will also look into them and report back if I find an affordable unit to play with.

The small 100w units are cheap, but I get the impression that we would be needing a 1000w+ and some of those are more expensive than my car!
Black Art Enthusiast