The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Car Weekly
As a result of dealing with the aftermath of the Event and just catching my breath generally, today was only the first time I had been able to get to the Newsagent to see about buying a copy of Classic Car Weekly for the Archive. Sadly, life has moved on in the interim and already the following week's issue is on the shelf. Does anyone have a spare copy that they might be prepared to donate to the Archive for posterity please?

many thanks...

Hugh
Might be worth having a word with the publisher?
I will do that. I also meant to say, if anyone spots any other publications that carries appropriate articles, could you let me know please, so I can be a bit quicker in getting a copy for the Archive. We are already planning how to record the Centenary in both a digital and physical form in the collection...
I'll save my copy for you, Hugh
Ian Wegg has photographed the coverage of the rally in CCW in his posting on this Forum, - 'Centenary Event Coverage in Classic Car Weekly'. I think the listing date was 30/07/22.

If you cannot obtain a copy for the archives, you may be able to print out the 4 pages he has listed? They are very clear and legible.
I heard my name! Yes, pictures in this thread: Centenary event coverage in Classic Car Weekly

It sounds like you're sorted now but I've still got mine if you need it, or I can do a hi-res scan if it helps.

(03-08-2022, 12:12 PM)Archivist Wrote: I will do that. I also meant to say, if anyone spots any other publications that carries appropriate articles, could you let me know please, so I can be a bit quicker in getting a copy for the Archive. We are already planning how to record the Centenary in both a digital and physical form in the collection...

You're probably already aware that the current (August) edition of The Automobile has Austin 7 features this month. Too early for Morton-In-Marsh coverage but good reading anyway, a particularly good article about Gordon England.

You're welcome to my copy of that too, when I've finished it.

.jpg   Automobile-2022-08-1s.jpg (Size: 72.66 KB / Downloads: 265)
I've posted some more magazine images here: Centenary articles in magazines