The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay Multi-function Machine Tool - interesting.
Although all sorts of wacky devices turn up on eBay, if you are looking for something particularly interesting, here's something to consider, a pair Kneller Combination, Multi-function Machines. Although in poor order, they do have some very rare accessories with them. They might just go for very little: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394186107279?...SwrDNi5u1o
Also, see: http://www.lathes.co.uk/kneller
What a wonderful machine! If I still had my 36 x 14 home workshop with three phase, I would enjoy getting those back to good working order, though meeting the manufacturer’s tolerance of 0.00005 per foot of traverse would be hard work!
At half a ton weight and with that footprint it's a very desirable package for the back of a garage.
And three phase should never put anyone off a machine that has a motor of 3hp or below. It's easy to find a way. 

Charles
I agree Charles, before I moved house (to a much smaller workshop!) my pride and joy was a Fritz Werner No 2 milling machine, with both horizontal and universal attachments, it must have weighed well over a ton and was three phase, but with a little thought and application, I craned it into the workshop and sourced a three phase converter...it was a wonderful machine and well worth all the effort getting it up and running.
Fritz Werner - very fine machines indeed. http://www.lathes.co.uk/fritz-werner/
(02-08-2022, 03:09 PM)Ivor Hawkins Wrote: I agree Charles, before I moved house (to a much smaller workshop!) my pride and joy was a Fritz Werner No 2 milling machine, with both horizontal and universal attachments, it must have weighed well over a ton and was three phase, but with a little thought and application, I craned it into the workshop and sourced a three phase converter...it was a wonderful machine and well worth all the effort getting it up and running.

Nice machine. 
I'm lucky enough to have a Maho MH600 and a CVA lathe but dread the thought of moving.

Charles
I had to move or HS2 would have been running through the garden!
When we moved the workshop went too,a year before we did.Of moving 300 miles,across the channel with 3 lathes ,2 milling machines ,tool and cutter grinder,no 5 fly press,large pillar drill ,medium horizontal band saw,vertical bandsaw,8x4 trailer loaded with tooling plus what else I can't remember.
It was actually easier than the rest of the house as there was 40+ years of accumulated stuff to sort.
Dave, that made me smile this morning. I wonder what the neighbours thought when they saw a whole engineering workshop arrive.
I did rather simplify the whole machine moving bit,the moving across the channel bit with 10 listed large items was £ 747,funny that.when the machine mover came U.K. Side there was spare space on the lorry.Phoning the ferry company to enquire how much for extra items,no charge.Sometime later the ferry company went bust however.
On GSY side I arranged a man with a hiab at 8 am Saturday and loaded 1/2 (smaller lorry) took to new home,driver wife and me rolled that on scaffolding poles into new workshop.He went off to lift a boat or something and came back with second half of machinery and by 3-30 done.
Driver went off happy with 200 duty free cigarettes as he'd smoked many of his own during the move,plus of course his boss's fee.
Ten years on I wouldn't fancy doing the reverse procedure.