The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erratic ammeter - Fixed
Getting ready for an outing with Rekkers, slight adjustment to 3rd brush dynamo - nice charge rate of 8 amps, cutout contacts cleaned, pull in voltage checked, drop out volts checked, cleaned points.
Went out for a run and a coffee - ammeter going wild, err ?  Quick back and forth on the ignition switch and problem gone. Phew, glad that wasn't another job for the list.

Now just need to grease all round, check half shaft nuts and prop shaft support assembly. Looking forward to the run out.
Bob
Getting ready for a run out with Bob46320, checking the half shaft nuts and managed to strip the thread on one. Fortunately it was only the nut that failed, the half shaft thread was fine. All now back together and ready for our meet in a village called St Geniez d'Olt in the Aveyron, on the river Lot.

It'll be about a four hour run for the Mem'Sahib and me in the RP., with a couple of fairly long climbs to cover. Looking forward to it, providing the weather cools off a bit.

B
Sounds brilliant - hope you both have a good run, out and back. Quite envious really...
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
I think that I have the "flatter" run, but then my RN is as Austin shipped it (nearly).
Hoping you both have a good trip. Please can we see some photos on your return.(And don't forget the cake Bob!)
Charlie (Haute Vienne)
We're booked in for an overnighter in the Hotel Lion d'Or in St Geniez, which looks to have some decent scoff.

I've just had a run round the block (20miles) in the RP to road test it after a full brake service and all is good. Ambient temp here today is 34°C in the shade and a long climb on the way round never fazed the car so we're ready to go.

We'll take some photos of the trip because we're going to call it the unofficial French Austin Seven Centenary rally. We should both arrive in St Geniez around lunchtime and then Bob is going to sort us a trip round the area, which I've never been to before.