The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nippy sibling
My one ia ATR 860 but it needs a proper steering wheel.  I do have the metal remains just the metal rim and spokes (fire melted down the rest with a PO).  Therefore need hub as well.  Does anyone have a drawing of hub and clamping plate?  (Mr M showed disinterest in project).  Does a Ruby hub convert?
At least I got the horn button/switch central bits and inner tube from a trader......but it cost more than I paid for the wreck of ATR 860!!

Yes it is possible to convert a Ruby one to produce a fair approximation of the Nippy item by cutting off the spokes machining a shoulder on the remaining boss, welding on an aluminium flange and then machining it true to the spline. The cover ring is steel and bolts to the flange sandwiching the spokes between all very doable if you have the basic machining and engineering skills. I am sure there must be a car in your vicinity you could measure and copy but if you do not get the answers you need locally I could be persuaded to make a drawing for you from my car.
Black Art Enthusiast
Thanks Ian. will wait to see what turns up.
I have a Ruby boss with broken spokes, know a man that can weld and a man that can lathe turn (I would not trust my work on my worn lath)