The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dilemma of correcting other peoples car details…
Question. 
If you know of a car (which is most definitely an Austin Seven RP saloon) listed on the A7CA chassis register as an AAL Open Road tourer dated 1936, and similarly on the DVLA website, how should one proceed? I do not have a direct contact with the owner at the moment, but may be able to establish a link in time. Perhaps one shouldn’t interfere, what do you think?
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
Correcting mistakes is obligatory. First contact the owner, provide proof, then have it corrected... Perhaps the truth is not always nice to hear but historical facts are facts...
It may be that the owner is well aware, or maybe even owns both with only one being registered for road use, or something even more nefarious. I speak from experience Frank and would not get involved, much as I dislike innocent mistakes, and even more so the less innocent ones, saying anything may well make you far more enemies than it will friends.
Black Art Enthusiast
Leave well alone.
Yes, difficult one. Not worth correcting for correcting sake, but sometimes you have to. 

A friend of mine bought  a steam roller in bits, its ID was believed to be known. But no works plate (a vin plate if you like) was present. 

With some research vs the boiler number, it seemed to be a different ID, well not seemed to be, was.

Trouble is there allready is another steamer restored pretending to be the same ID. It incidentally carries a replica Works plate.....

Turns out they both shared a couple of owners, one a scrap yard, the other a bloke who bought both. Seemingly he only got 1 log book......and restored the other. 

Well, my mate has now restored his machine, and managed eventually to obtain an age related plate, the DVLA were difficult about the whole situation. 

The funniest thing is the original works plate appeared in an auction earlier thisnyear and they have been reunited. 

I've told him he now needs to tackle the DVLA given he has all the evidence now, kost importantly the original works (VIN plate).  He wont for the reasons Ian stated.

Incidentally, last we heard of its former owner he had been arrested on a warrent from the mid 1990 having been caught bringing drugs into Kent. He never turned up to court and was never seen again as far as Kent plod was concerned.  Turns out the muppet police had him down at an address in Strood (Kent). Had the morons looked for him at that address in Stroud (Glos) he was still living there. I know the bloke, he had a Glos accent too. LOL
Thanks everyone, I think I’ll leave it alone., ‘least said, soonest mended’
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish