The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting photos on the Forum
Would it please be possible for some expert software guru to make the posting of photos on to the Forum simpler? As someone who doesn't do this very often, it seems to involve a considerable amount of irritation and bad language before the assistance of my in-house technical expert makes it possible. The instructions in the 'Posting images on the new forum' thread don't seem to work anymore - I can't find the 'Add Attachment' button to the right hand side of the attachment box. Why can't we just drag & drop the pictures into the text area? Well actually, you can do this and it looks fine, until you try to 'Post Thread' and then it gives you an error message and sulks.

David
We are happy to upgrade - with sufficient sponsorship.
I suppose it depends on your interface, but on my laptop I press the "Preview Post" button and the "drag-and-drop" facility is at the bottom.

As someone who frequents many forums (almost certainly too many), I can say that posting images is easier here than on most.
Bad language from Mr Cochrane. I am shocked, I tell you, shocked!
If you click on the black 'New Reply' box at the bottom right hand corner of any post, drag and drop for photos can be found there...
David what you want for computer problem solving is some instruction from a young teenager. My grandson usually helps me out and makes it look so easy. The problem is once he has gone home I am in the same predicament.

John Mason.
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
You may find in some cases that the picture file size is too large to enable uploading to occur . I have found this site,    https://www.img2go.com/compress-image  very useful and reduce down to 20% will allow the pictures to be seen. Other than that I , and I'm no I.T. geek, have had few problems.