The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centenary event - pop up museum photos…
(29-07-2022, 10:11 AM)Hedd_Jones Wrote: isn't the weld on the fins on the induction pipe on the supercharged car shown indicative of a different era?.

Fear not Hedd. 
I can still accurately reproduce that type of welding. 

Charles
My wife and I were particularly fascinated by the story of Gladys de Havilland's round-the-world adventure.

.jpg   Gladys-0.jpg (Size: 201.55 KB / Downloads: 280)        
.jpg   Grover-Street-NZ.jpg (Size: 204.55 KB / Downloads: 282)

I texted a snap of the New Zealand photograph to my brother-in-law, who lives in New Plymouth. He identified the location as Grover Street and says it hasn't changed much since 1928!

https://goo.gl/maps
Here are some photos I came across on the wall of a local radiator repair guy, since getting back from the centenary event. Would be nice to know more about them ( where and when etc)

Charles - some of these photos are well known (or should I say, have been seen before) some not, so are of interest. There are a couple of strands that seem to link the photos - one is Gunnar Poppe and the other is Ireland. I will get in touch and chat with you about these. It would be good to get some really good images of these for the Archive, if possible.. I will ring ....

Thanks for posting them...

Hugh
I was amazed and delighted to see the Goodacre Trophy displayed in the pop-up museum. Where has it been for the last 20 odd years?
I was very kindly loaned it by the 750MC head office...

Just going back to Ian Wegg's comments about the Gladys de Havilland posters, these were researched and written by Debbie Land, a volunteer at the Shuttleworth collection. It was a great delight to me to be able to support some serious research of a topic with materials held in the Archive. Somehow, even better that it was by someone not from the Austin 7 Community...
Racer cockpits                    
I know it is probably tricky but can someone in the management team work out how to rotate all the posted pictures vertical ? 

Or stop the Forum from rotating them in the first placed

We are missing seeing some great pictures.

Or is it just me  Rolleyes
(01-08-2022, 12:22 AM)Tony Press Wrote: I know it is probably tricky but can someone in the management team work out how to rotate all the posted pictures vertical ? 

Or stop the Forum from rotating them in the first placed

We are missing seeing some great pictures.

Or is it just me  Rolleyes
The pictures are low-resolution "thumbnails" Click on them and they usually turn the right way up - and are of far greater clarity. The "cause" is that they will have been taken on a phone and only your phone (or apple computer if an iPhone) is smart enough to know the orientation of your image because it knows which way was "up" when it was taken. Super advanced websites are smart enough to correct the problem or allow image rotation. This website has been built on the smell of an oily rag in order to save volunteers their time and money - so it's not as advanced as some Super DeLux versions.
Using a phone, take the pictures in landscape, not portrait - and make sure it's not upside down!
Thank you- I will just have to resort to clicking on the sideways picture !

I thought it had turned one of my pictures on its side- and I don't use the phone for pictures - they are for phoning people  Rolleyes 

I still have a camera- how old fashioned is that- at least it is digital or whatever it is called.