The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Flickering LED Head Lamps
Returning to our accomodation at night during the Centenary Event, I had occasion to use my LED head lights for the first time. Whenever the engine is running, the Off Side head lamp flickers slightly!! I have checked the obvious things, head lamp earthing, supply connections. I find it puzzeling that only one head lamp is flickering. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
John
Key might be that it is only there when the engine is running so not likely to be directly about the quality of the light wiring.
Could there be some slight interference which either only one side is picking up or tolerances on the LED internal lights' circuitry means one is just OK and one just not. So a bit of suppression using a simple carbon tube type suppressor might do it and certainly won't do any harm.

edit: this sort of thing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193653299972?...OSwVMhfVua~
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
I have after-market LED light bulbs replacing halogen bulbs throughout my caravan.  Two of the LED bulbs have flickered. I have found that I have to replace them with a new bulb to fix the flickering.
(29-07-2022, 10:25 AM)Graham Barker Wrote: I have after-market LED light bulbs replacing halogen bulbs throughout my caravan.  Two of the LED bulbs have flickered. I have found that I have to replace them with a new bulb to fix the flickering.

+1 on this. 

I also found that my RK saloon kept "blowing" tail lamp LED bulbs. Turned out to be due to a bad earth on the battery. The bulbs were U/S though, even after the earth fault was fixed.
LED bulbs are particulalrly sensitive to the need of a good earth. I think this is due to the very small current they draw (as I understand it, not being a wizz at electronics)