The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forthcoming events ??
Hi All

Having had such a good time at the Centenary I thought I’d look for some A7 events coming up.

Firstly this forum’s events page.     Nothing

Then the A7CA events page.     Nothing

Any events…preferably A7 club ones coming up?

Cheers

Howard
Shuttleworth have an Austin 7 day to coincide with the Tiger Moth fly on September 10th

https://www.shuttleworth.org/the-austin-...uttleworth

hth...
Hi Hugh

Thanks. Sounds like good event and I’ll bear it in mind but it’s a bit far for a day trip from Llandod and persuading the missus to take yet another few days away might not be that welcome  Smile.

By the way congrats on the pop up museum. May I add my thanks for the work you put in.

Cheers

Howard

PS. My request for A7 events was also meant to jog people into putting things on the events page either here or on the A7CA web pages.
I added an entry back in June for the Goodwood FoS, in fact it's the most recent post there! https://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/for...p?tid=7626

Although not a club event, Austin 7's featured on the prestigious "Cartier Lawn". I followed it up with a selection of pictures which got a very positive reaction on Facebook but zilch in the events forum! I did wonder whether many people actually look at the calendar or are aware that it is there.

Whilst on the subject of Goodwood, the Revival in September also celebrates the Austin 7.
Hi Hugh

Guess what?  Two of our children live relatively close to Shuttleworth and the bribe of a visit to them has worked…. So we’re booked in  Big Grin.

Cheers

Howard
If anyone is close to Prescott The VSCC are having a proper hillclimb next weekend.
I think there are about 30 Austin Sevens entered in various classes.
I will be back up there from Cornwall for the weekend.
How about this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Silverstone Classic, A7 club stand and parade around GP circuit, Sunday 28th August.
Hi All

As Ian noted ….why aren’t these on the events page and particularly on the A7CA website. I’m not critical of the A7CA volunteers, more of the event organisers for missing an opportunity to publicise the events.

Cheers

Howard
(28-07-2022, 08:04 PM)dickie65 Wrote: If anyone is close to Prescott The VSCC are having a proper hillclimb next weekend.
I think there are about 30 Austin Sevens entered in various classes.
I will be back up there from Cornwall for the weekend.

I was hoping to drive the ruby up for that but no joy. the only way I'd do it is to buy a spare engine and fit it... .. Anyone got one for sale? ;P