The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local help needed
We are in the middle of a strip and build on our 1937 Ruby; in five years this is the first time we have had to do any real work. We have taken out the engine/gearbox and stripped down the head and block and removed the flywheeel. We have ordered lots of new parts but need some machining help before we can begin to put it all back together.

We now need to find someone hopefully local to Bristol who can help with the following:

1. Remove old and rivet on new clutch pads (all parts supplied).
2. Replace all exhaust studs as two failed during strip (can get parts if required).
3. Fit side water repair kit (supplied) and new studs (can supply if required).

At the moment the flywheel is considered serviceable but if that can also be replaced I would maybe look to get a new ring and get it done at the same time.

Any help would be greatfully recieved, as this is the first time working on the Ruby in any depth.
Where in the UK are you?
I live East of Bristol in Mangotsfield.
Contact the Bristol Austin 7 Club (and then join, if you are not already a member!)

https://www.ba7c.org/
BA7C are meeting at The White Harte @ Bridgeyate today (Thursday) 12-30 ish for an informal pint. - Loads of people who could help you.

If you can't make it PM me your contact details - I live in Bath
Thanks to all, we are in the BA7C and I will try and get along to the pub tomorrow with the block and see if anyone can help with local suggestions.