The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Centenary question
Hi all,Pat and I will be at the bash next week again in our campervan. and Ruby in tow, S&P
hear hear Bob.
Must admit I've not heard any carping or been carping.

Facebook may be different, but that's facebook.

I've seen people asking questions. Reasonably.

The couple of questions I have have mainly gone unanswered

So I thought maybe it's just me, and I'll go through the traders email route.

Thing is THERE IS NO REPLY THERE EITHER.

Up until now like others I've sung the organisers praises, but it looks like I may have been wrong to do so.

Nevermind.

Dont bother with a reply now, LIKE THEY WERE GOING TO BOTHER DOING ANYWAY.

I'll just turn up, and see what happens.

Tuesdays wheather is an expected high of 36 a hot day.

Tony.
Tony - If you didn't get a response from the traders email address then you could have let me know - or anyone else you know is involved in the organising - and we would have done our best to help.

You still can.
sorry nick,

that is just not good enough.

turning this around to being my failt i didnt chase you or the rest of the committe. who know whats coming, but have been keeping there heads very low.
I have not turned it round on you Tony. I simply suggested what you could have done - and still could. If you don't want to do it, that is fine. See you next Tuesday.
This is quite astonishing.
Perhaps the unaccustomed heat is getting to us.
(13-07-2022, 05:17 PM)Ian Dunford Wrote: This is quite astonishing.
Perhaps the unaccustomed heat is getting to us.

nothing to do with heat ian,
or you.
I couldn't agree more, Ian.
(13-07-2022, 04:28 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: sorry nick,

that is just not good enough.

turning this around to being my failt i didnt chase you or the rest of the committe. who know whats coming, but have been keeping there heads very low.
Two points:
1) I repeat the comment (below) on a similar thread that hit the nail on the head. It's the trader - and nobody else - who's responsible for being properly prepared. Are emails not answered? This is a very common problem. The trader should try other addresses - and the telephone. They should persist; keep going; not give up - and not moan about it.
The comment was, "If I were to invest in attending any event as a trader, I would make certain that I knew exactly what was expected of me, what was to be provided by the organisers, and what the terms and conditions were - before making a commitment. Failure to do this would be entirely unprofessional."
2) Traders are not dealing with a professional, profit-making company. They are dealing with volunteers - amateurs who are organising a most complex, one-off event. Further, the organisers have their own cars to prepare and logistical arrangements to make - and I find it intolerably rude that difficulties (and they will arise as a matter of course) are made public and bitter criticisms made. This sort of thing is not gentlemanly behaviour.