The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
After numerous years of being support for dad racing austin 7s and having a few roadgoing cars come and go I've finally joined the fray with a tidy austin ruby.

I apologise in advance for all the questions that I'm sure are to follow, first up is cleaning the fuel tank, de-rusting and re-sealing, then it's the open road!

After that:
LEDs all round
remove rear blinkers and convert semaphores to flashing LEDs

I'm torn then on keeping it stock or letting the genetics kick in and swapping the brakes for hydraulic and building a blown 3 bearing pressure-fed engine for a bit of "sleeper" action
Welcome Joe. Nice looking car.
I'm no expert on Rubies, but many are.

Sealing the tank: I did it 20 years ago and so far it's been good (and that was before ethanol reared its ugly head)
This seems to be the stuff these days https://www.frost.co.uk/por15-car-bike-m...ler-473ml/

Charles
It’s not 624 KPK is it? My Dads mate sold his grey mk2 ruby years ago and it’s never been seen since. Looks a nice car
(04-07-2022, 08:26 PM)JFaulknerUlsterRep Wrote: It’s not 624 KPK is it? My Dads mate sold his grey mk2 ruby years ago and it’s never been seen since. Looks a nice car

I'm afraid not
That's a lovely looking car Joe. My advice would be to use it for a while in standard form before you make any decisions; once sorted a Ruby is a very useable practical car.

Ask as many questions as you want!
In terms of indicators David Cochrane supplies a full kit which, is you choose the clear lens option and fit coloured bulbs looks quite good and discrete.
https://www.a7c.co.uk/spares.php#electrical
Thanks all.
I'm sure the questions will flow once the easy stuff is out the way