The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top gear
Anyone catch last night's Top Gear?  I can't stand the programme but caught the end of last week's just before Outlaws to hear about a feature on older cars. There were several sevens (and no doubt familiar faces) to be seen in the opening section about Trials... 
Wade past the inevitable BS and there was a grudging approval from the presenters.
Yes, It was the VSCC Herefordshire Trial.
I genuinely think they had fun and appreciated event and atmosphere, which must be hard with a TV crew all over the place.
Hopefully it shows old cars in a positive light, which is always good.

Charles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW7wkBtwSA

Here's how it was made!
Also featured in this existing topic:   Top Gear  Rolleyes
I have had the misfortune to see the recording of this programme.
If one can ignore the pathetic,embarrassing behaviour of the "presenters" then the rest of it is most enjoyable.
(05-07-2022, 09:27 AM)Ian Dunford Wrote: I have had the misfortune to see the recording of this programme.
If one can ignore the pathetic,embarrassing behaviour of the "presenters" then the rest of it is most enjoyable.

+1

add loud and clown like to your list…..

Howard
The original presenters were very, very amusing and the stunts eye-widening. The present lot? Well, infantile, cringe-worthy and embarrassing come to mind - I find it unwatchable. It's all part of the BBC's attempt to dumb down everything it broadcasts; oh for the pre-1990 Radio 4 with its 'measured' coverage and absolutely clear, received pronunciation.
but they are all just professionals who engage with the majority - and at least 2 of them are additionally active voices for those with disabilities, so get used to it, daddyos! One of them is bound to turn to politics and end up President.

If anyone has access to Netflix, the excruciating 'Snowflake Mountain' is worth experiencing for proper feckless, callow young people being dropped into real world experiences and the changes which result. They ought to do an episode with those having to get an old car running...
(05-07-2022, 10:38 AM)Tony Griffiths Wrote: The present lot? Well, infantile, cringe-worthy and embarrassing come to mind....

You didn't witness their antics, live, on the Herefordshire, Tony.................!! Dodgy

In contrast, Richard Hammond and his crew were an absolute delight and so easy to work with. On the Sunday, Hammond was missing from his car when it was his turn to go. I found him chatting about magnetos to a Seven driver who was next in the queue. Smile

Steve
That was asinine,inane behaviour by what appeared to be three adults.
I'm actually astonished that such insulting claptrap should be broadcast by the BBC.
It is the first time I have seen this programme, and very likely to be the last as well.