The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine Identification/ Year
Can anyone please advise the year of this engine 
It’s a 3 bearing 
Thanks

Attached Files
.jpeg   6179FD19-49B4-437E-A3A4-EF952C781C99.jpeg (Size: 65.88 KB / Downloads: 507)
The number on the crankcase is nearly as high as you can go - so very late 1938 or even into 1939.  Cars with engine numbers that high as given on the Chassis Register were registered in 1939.  Does the block have a date on it somewhere?  (It may or may not be original to the crankcase.)
I will look
Not sure where a date would be
I’m trying to identify the Dynamo fitted so I can get hold of a regulator
Put a picture of the dynamo up as well, the chaps on here know these cars inside out.
Someone will be able to do a photo ID I'm sure (and probably tell you where to obtain the correct regulator  as well)
if it IS a Ruby you are referring, then you'd be better selling the vintage dynamo (another thread on here) and getting a late dynamo and late regulator/cut out, just on cost grounds.
This is the Dynamo 
I’ve been advised it’s a DEL
I may consider swapping as it’s on a Ruby mk2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My block has a date just above the rear end of the water inlet if that helps. The engine number is also stamped alongside it so you can tell if it's the original block.
Can you send me a pic Dave