The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If only all "barn finds" were like this
If only all "barn finds" were like this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   0.jpg (Size: 53.98 KB / Downloads: 461)
.jpg   3.jpg (Size: 227.6 KB / Downloads: 459)
.jpg   4.jpg (Size: 469.04 KB / Downloads: 461)
.jpg   5.jpg (Size: 78.65 KB / Downloads: 462)
.jpg   6.jpg (Size: 98.18 KB / Downloads: 464)
.jpg   7.jpg (Size: 60.77 KB / Downloads: 466)
.jpg   8.jpg (Size: 61.64 KB / Downloads: 466)
Depends what you definition of "barn find" is! Looks like an "older restoration" to me. With apparently missing door trim, possibly not completed either.
Regardless of whether it has been restored, it appears to be in cracking condition and priced fairly in my opinion.

I’d be happy to rattle around in it!
Not wishing to detract from the current state of the above car, but it lends weight to my argument that the Americans seem to have an uncanny ability to make a complete balls up of redesigning a perfectly good British (or even European) made car. The resto job is fine, but the car, the Bantam (in all its various versions) is just so wrong in so many areas.

Stick it next to a decent SWB saloon and you'll see what I mean.
I agree to an extent Bruce, I would prefer a nice English swb saloon given the choice, but I think the Bantam has a character all its own....rather like a Buick that has shrunk in the wash...
At least I'm not there in the wilderness!
Here are two versions of the same 1970s car made by General Motors.
First is the Vauxhall Chevette (saloon or hatchback. I quite liked them in their time)

[Image: Vauxhall-Chevette.jpg]

and then we have the US version, the General Motors Chevette:

[Image: 1976-chevrolet-chevette-pictures-picture...rolet.jpeg]

Need I say more...

(Don't get me started on the AMC Pacer!)
Ooh, I love a Pacer! Did you know that the passenger side door was 4 inches longer than the driver’s?

Not a lot of people know that...
And it’s a free ice cream atShelsley  for the first person who can demonstrate that they gave that as an answer to a pub quiz question between now and Sunday.
(29-06-2022, 11:38 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Not wishing to detract from the current state of the above car, but it lends weight to my argument that the Americans seem to have an uncanny ability to make a complete balls up of redesigning a perfectly good British (or even European) made car. The resto job is fine, but the car, the Bantam (in all its various versions) is just so wrong in so many areas.

Stick it next to a decent SWB saloon and you'll see what I mean.

Harsh Bruce,

I think the early roadster is rather cute although later ones lost the plot.

Cheers

Howard
I rather like it, particularly the three swage detail and the bonnet. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at it at that price too!