The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fuel Pump wont prime ???
Have you tried sucking through the inlet yet? 

If you can suck and get no leakage it shows the non return is good, and then porosity or a leak in the diafram are next culprits. 

I would have thought porosity bad enough between the suction side and the outlet side in the pump that prevents any vacume being formed would probably be visible with Mk1 eyeball. 

Sometimes damage on the diafram is hidden by the metal bits. 

Of course it could be the seal between the diafram and the body too.
Diaphragm is new, (E10 suitable !!! ) To be honest the corrosion in the main body looks too bad to warrant keeping it so >

WHO HAS A SPARE AC "T" TYPE F/PUMP complete or just Top Body and heading to Beaulieu this w/e.

Will be in the camping field in my Auto-Sleeper Motorhome R799 PCW, and I have CASH with me !!!!!
Non-return valve stuck open?
Jim
How about the cap bolt leaking air try an O ring under it.
Guys, the body is severely corroded, so has now been scrapped. So I simply will be looking to replace ASAP, if I cannot find one a Beaulieu/ or somebody can supply me one from there stash of bits !!! then its a 6 Volt SU Pump.
Link for fuel pump parts mentioned by Hedd:
https://www.flexolite.co.uk/categories/f...fuel-pumps
Thanks A G W, think that Flexolight may have a pump body I can fit to my original base, can't find a A7 specific pump, but they're cheap enough to play with !!!
Seven Workshop supplies a replacement (U type) pump. You will need to replace the return spring with the one on your original pump to stop the carb leaking when the engine is not running, but otherwise it works fine. I have had one on my car for about eighteen months.
As I noted earlier, if your fuel tank is a little crusty, be warned that the U type non returns are less forgiving.

I have a U type on the fordson Major, it was a PITA until I flushed the tank, similarly father had similar issues with the RP running one of Jamies new ones. He went back to the T type top on the bottom of the new U type.
Will catch up with Jamie at Beaulieu, but one his F/pumps is on my shopping list + any used spares I can find over this w/e.
Saw the fordson type pump and that also has mileage, unlike my bl**dy Ruby has !!!!!!