The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for the Centenary
No doubt Seven owners are very busy, getting cars ready for the Centenary Celebrations, for driving great distances to Moreton, for display or for ascending Prescott.  Some will be final tuning, and some might have bodywork nearly completed. This level of vigorous activity might be why  Seven owners are a little pre-occupied and tardy in replying to emails. For the Tour of Cotswold Historic Hillclimbs the printer of the roadbooks needs to know numbers, sort of yesterday. A number of those who have expressed interest, currently being crouched over their machines in the workshop, have yet to confirm that they will be part of the magnificent tour on 22nd July. Could I please ask for early contact, either myself; stevekaytwo@btinternet.com  or Colin Bromley; colin.bromley@yahoo.com.

The image of Seven preparation is from the magnificent Austin Harris/LAT archive, and I hope that Austin himself  will be with us on the day.
.jpeg   jfmzkuv4 - Copy (2).jpeg (Size: 51.44 KB / Downloads: 289)
Colin posted several messages to say the event had "Sold Out", on Facebook, a week or so back, Steve.

Perhaps people think they have now missed out??
Well I emailed a long while ago and got nothing back. Decided I was undesirable.
Alan Fairless
Ah Ruairidh, will you do a masterclass in how organisers might balance being overbooked for an event, only to find a sudden flurry of withdrawals. Should there be a percentage  of extras, just in case numbers get below the maximum to be catered for? 

Alan, we have had some hiccups with the computer based replacement for semaphores, or telegraphs. I will immediately email you at the address in my contacts list, so if you have heard nothing by this evening please try me on; stevekaytwo@btinernet.com

This is only for fifty cars, how you lot in charge of the big centenary events manage I cannot imagine.
Steve. Received email and replied.
Alan Fairless
Steve, if you're restricted to fifty entries, there's your answer for how many road-books to print! I'm quite sure you'll fill all the spaces one way or another.
Mike, fifty entries, and then press passes, etc.....  Anyway, get polishing your portable typewriter.