The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scuttle fuel tanks and minimising fire risk
(01-02-2018, 02:32 PM)Steve Bryant Wrote:     If someone knows the dimensions of the gauze filter cone for the filler neck  I'm sure that those of us who can make such things would be very grateful  for the information.
Stephen

Steve,

Overall height:                               2.750"
Diameter of gauze cylinder:             1.125"
Diameter of top lip:                        1.500"

I agree with Nick about it preventing surging of petrol out of the filler but, perversely, I always remove the filter when filling up. With the volume and force which modern pumps deliver fuel, the filter cannot cope and one ends up with fuel all over the engine...and yourself!
Also remember there are two types of cap to the filler. The earlier screw type and the later bayonet.

Of added interest to those with early cars is that the fuel tap from the tank is situated directly over the exhaust manifold. Taps leak, Austins realised this could cause problems and so moved it further outboard.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: scuttle fuel tanks and minimising fire risk - by Chris Garner - 01-02-2018, 04:03 PM