The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Throttle stop screw & nut
Is anyone able to advise me what size the throttle stop screw and nut are? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I’m totally new to Sevens.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

not a stupid question at all I have been driving and repairing sevens for fifty years and I have no idea of the thread size , I would think its probably a B A thread but there will be someone along shortly who does know the answer . No one should be shy about any enquiry about their car I just wish that this forum existed when I had my first seven best of luck with your car Rob.
Hi Both

Thoroughly agree Rob, no such thing as a stupid question about Austin Sevens.

I don’t know the answer to this one but I think threads on Zenith carbs may be metric!!

Certainly the 22FZ carbs have metric threads.

Cheers

Howard
Forgive me if you are already aware of this and all is, in fact, well but your throttle control rod makes me nervous.
Is the split pin underneath the threaded adjuster at the top as it appears to be?

I would have expected to see this

[Image: throttle-rod.jpg]
As you can see the split pin passes through the slot in the top of the adjuster.

Apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs!

Regards,

Stuart
As far as I know all threads on Zenith carbs are metric. I think what you are after is the "adjusting screw for the interconnecting lever" and its spring,  quoted as M4 x .7mm and shown here:
http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_a...201%20m.m.
                                        4 m.m. x .070
I've just measured the one on my spare 26VA and it measures 3.6mm thread diameter, and something finer than .7mm on the thread gauge, so I'm not sure this helps! If I lost or broke mine I would just tap it M4.

I would suggest trying Burlen Fuel Systems on 01722 412500
Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated. I’ve managed to get a replacement screw and nut from Oxfordshire Sevens. Though what size it is, who knows. 

I’ve only had my Ruby since Sunday. I have a knowledgable new friend a few streets away that’s had them for decades. He’s offered to teach me how to look after it, and to get it running just right (it’s amazing the immediate positive effect some fresh petrol had!). He’s away this weekend though so I didn’t want to trouble him.

He looked over the car before I bought it. It came from within the club, which I joined last year. I’m comfortable enough with postwar Morris Minors but Sevens are completely new to me. So I may have more questions if I can’t find the answers myself.