The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ruby mk2 window winder
Hi all, can somebody explain to me the the method for fitting a new drivers side window winder spring. Do I need the window wound up or all the way down. When I fit it it is under tension, but as soon as I wind the window down the spring will just lift off, what am I doing wrong. Thanks. S& Angry
Can the spring be flipped over? I would have expected it to be tensioned more as the window lowers. Just guessing, I don't have one in front of me.
I seem to recall that there was a thread on this subject on the old Forum?
I seem to remember that when I did mine on an RN saloon I wound the window right up until the arm disengages with the channel at the bottom of the glass and lifted the glass out of the door and stored safely. The winder was wound further up to bring the arm vertical at which point the spring is unloaded and can be slid off noting it's position, one way for NS windows the other for OS windows. Fit the spring and wind the operating lever down to a position to reinstall the window then wind the window down to it's closed position which reloads the spring. For the whole operation I have a well padded stool to hold the door open against the check strap to prevent it closing and breaking the glass. If you have the winder off the door be very careful with that spring especially if the gears are worn that arm can fly round and attempt to amputate a finger.
Hi thanks all. S&P