The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Car Magazine Features the Austin Seven
I'm told that the latest edition of "Classic Car" magazine has an extensive article on the Austin Seven.
It does; with contributions from many that we know about their cars. Doesn't tell us anything new but that's not the point. It's aimed at the wider classic car audience rather than us and in that it succeeds I think.

I don't buy 'Classic Car' but I do see it every month. It's not my favorite old car magazine seeming to be more interested in prices, values and 'good speculative buys' rather than anything else.

Steve
Whilst I broadly agree with Steve's comments above, when the second paragraph commences with " Largely designed by 18-year-old Stanley Edge under the guidance of Herbert Austin ",  I'm afraid I lose all interest in what is a badly researched piece.
Never mind the second paragraph, Chris, what about the first where it claims the Seven was instrumental in the gestation of Nissan! These old chestnuts keep turning up...
I think you have to look on these things like the Daily Mail - just accept that all publicity is good publicity for the little car in general. If it survives the move from impractical vintage things as the generations pass on, then it's only going to be because its small and light and manages still to fit into a few peoples' lives (and desire to hold on to the practical)... beyond those who have a genetic line and predisposition for it all.
The seven Sevens covered in the feature are:

Alan Osborne's Harold Biggs Special

David Cochrane's Pram Hood Chummy

Graham Beckett's Ulster

David Wotrley's RN saloon

Jennie Brownsdon's Ruby

Henry Harris' RP saloon

Peter Naulls' Ruby.

All in all the feature is a superb advertisement for Austin Seven ownership.
As a matter of general interest, I'm left puzzled about what it is in the second paragraph that caused such a lack of interest Chris?