The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Photo of Early Car with Herbert Austin's Daughters
Alan, I guess the debate becomes how long it would take to build the cars, given they could not have started before the Monday after Easter. I have some insight here having worked with Chris on the Edge book. Even given the speed at which they apparently worked, with personnel waiting for cranks and cams to be created, (we make crankshafts while you wait)I wouldn't think it would take less than three weeks or so to build the cars. That would put the car's finish to the first or second week of May. I know that the reason the third car with the enclosed prop shaft was not completed because the £1500 allotted by the Board was spent. Perhaps there would be a way to determine when the money ran out. We also know the open prop shaft car was a disaster so was driven. And we know Herbert drove the first car around the Works and lost a wheel and then took the other three directors for a ride around the Lickey Hills.

Erich in Mukilteo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Photo of Early Car with Herbert Austin's Daughters - by Erich - 17-05-2022, 07:30 PM