The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another replica
There's an unregistered (noV5 but"all the paperwork to get one") "racer" on the next page which is a bit more interesting but still a slightly unknown quantity/quality one?
If it has all the paperwork to get a V5, why hasn't the owner already got one?

Steve
Ferzackerly.
(09-05-2022, 06:31 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: If it has all the paperwork to get a V5, why hasn't the owner already got one?

Steve

hi steve,

for starters i have 3 in the same possition.

i just havent had the time, or at least far more important things to do.

i guess 70% of austin 7s are on dodgy paperwork. but that still leaves 30% that are genuine.

tony.
Understand that, Tony, but are you trying to sell yours? This guy is and it'd certainly help his cause if it had a V5.

I've one here that's on the DVLA computer but doesn't have a V5. However, it's not for sale and is a project for 'one day' Rolleyes 

Steve
If you mean this one...

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1...ial-nM7aJ8

I know it well. I suggest anyone who has more than a passing interest should contact me before taking it any further...
hi steve,

2 of them can be for sale.

if not everything, AT THE RIGHT PRICE Big Grin

as shown on other threads, im in the doodoo on time for my own cars. let alone sorting V5c`s

you are right, common sense should dictate the car would be worth more with full paperwork. but when was the last time you sore common sense in the 7 world. they slag the best ulster rep in the world one day. and over pay for the worst one out there the next.

so i can see why people look to sell high, without bothering to do the work. or perhaps in this case the paperwork.

tony.
(09-05-2022, 07:19 PM)Steve Jones Wrote: I've one here that's on the DVLA computer but doesn't have a V5. However, it's not for sale and is a project for 'one day' Rolleyes 

Steve

Thats easily solved with a simple £5 HPI lookup and a £25 cheque and form to the DVLA. 8 weeks wait at the minute.

All of 5 them here have V5's, including the latest purchase. With the two cars not likely to stay I've concluded the lack of V5s put buyers off so much that I don't bother unless one is 'possible'.

Just had some 'fun' taxing my steam roller, last on the road in 1963. Thankfully got it sorted without having to write to them (also currently approx 8 week delay). I should be able to (legally) take it to the pub for its maiden voyage towards the end of the month now. Hurrah
I decided to try for a V5 for my hill climb special. Took all of three 3 weeks form posting to document back from DVLA. I did however have ALL the correct paperwork.
(09-05-2022, 07:49 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: If you mean this one...

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/1...ial-nM7aJ8

I know it well. I suggest anyone who has more than a passing interest should contact me before taking it any further...

Looks like a Guernsey number ?