The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 827 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1505 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1505 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1510 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1510 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1591 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1591 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guildtown 2022 good to be back
hi joe,

i wont know how bad until i strip down and rebuild.

but this all started at the end of last year engine was getting harder to start, were as she usually started on the button first time without choke. summer or winter. i tried to start her up around february. and nothing.

i started to clean points, plugs rotor etc. and she started but was very rough. tickover fine but rough reving until in top at higher revs. then running fine.

she was rough running when i loaded for guildtown, but i though she would be fine to get through the run. BUT there was also a new oil leek on the trailer. but you couldnt see were it was coming from.

i had a run into perth friday with ALOT of traffic, and having to keep reving so i didnt oil the plugs. not a happy engine by the time i got back.

i made the decision not to do the run saterday, (well how bigger bill do you want on an original ulster engine). id rather not blow it up.

we found the oil leek.

do remember im running an original ulster engine, the oil was coming from the rev counter cable. suggesting the nosecone is filling with oil.

ive always had wear problems needing attension, pistons are baggy, the car over fuels, and the distrib is both baggy in the dynamo. and on the gears. so its time.

ive been stoopidly busy trying to sort everyone else out, to get them ready for the centenary. now i find myself WITHOUT a running car. Angry

so the PHONE will be turned OFF for the foreseable future. so i can sort some of my own cars for the centenary event.

ill try to keep up with emails, but i will be putting my own cars first from here in. 

tony.
(02-05-2022, 09:29 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: so the PHONE will be turned OFF for the foreseable future. so i can sort some of my own cars for the centenary event.

ill try to keep up with emails, but i will be putting my own cars first from here in. 

tony.

I don’t think any of us can blame you Tony, you’ve helped us all out over the years, time to look after number one!
Sorry to hear that mate, cannot blame you there you’ve helped so
Many people with spares etc time to put yourself first. Still awaiting the dynamiter to come back fixed for the ulster rep so we running the box again. Hope you and Tracey are keeping well. Like you say you don’t want to do too much damage and blow it up so sounds best way forward. I remember you saying before you’d had trouble starting it and oiling the plugs up think it was like that when you came to Hinckley with us last September. I’m sure you will have it sorted and in hand. Chris Heeley has also removed his engine from his RP as the oil leak got too much and started to foul the clutch. Thanks for posting some great photographs of the Scottish rally
thank you both.

got back to the van today, once i unloaded from guildtown.

the only problem i have is its been standing to long?

compression wasnt good, so i stripped the head and exhaust etc.

"3 valves stuck open". and the rest were not seating properly.so im back on that tomorrow.  wilst i work out were the ulster block is going for a rebore.

tony
A lovely collection and range of Sevens at what appears to be a very enjoyable rally. I would loved to have been there.

There was a posting last week on Facebook of an in-car video taken from a sports Seven on one of the runs.
To my mind these videos never accurately produce the correct sound or note of a Seven engine. They always sound thrashy, over advanced, etc If this had been the actual noise I think you would have stopped to investigate!

I remember many years ago attending a PWA7C club night where the speaker was a David Clarke. David was the founder of Graypaul, the Ferrari dealership, then based in Loughborough. He brought along a film which was intended to show what it was like to own and, especially, to drive a Ferrari. He placed particular emphasis on the sound and went onto to say that it took his sound man an immense amount of time before he correctly placed his microphones to accurately replicate the sounds. Getting sounds correct in films is apparently very difficult.

Finally, after Nick Turley's superb Pram Hood named Elle, perhaps someone might like to follow it with one named Elmer - The Patchwork Elephant !!