The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down pipes
Exhaust down pipes,  Are there differences in the drop length, between the RP solid and rubber engine mounting types? My reason for asking is that, it was  contacting the tie bar, due to suspension movement.    I have now shortened the pipe to give clearance, but it  would account for the problem if the wrong one had been fitted previously. I understand that Martin Prior has a similar problem so there must be something amiss.
There were at least 5 different front pipes originally - updraught, sidedraught, SWB, LWB, high frame and low frame, sports, etc.
In living memory only two types of replacement have been available, updraught and sidedraught, so some degree of modification is often required.
The updraught pipe has a deeper drop than the sidedraught one, so this might be the problem on the RP which has a sidedraught manifold. A
further complication could have been solid / rubber mounted crankcases and 3/4 speed gearboxes, which altered the relative position of the crankcase (hence the need for long and short top fan pulleys)
Thanks for the info, you have answered the query. not something one would check for. I only noticed as my exhaust wrap was worn through.