The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow radiator badge
An appeal for help from the opposition!...

A friend of mine has just completed a replica Minor Arrow 2 seater. There are no known genuine survivors and he has made a superb job of it. He would like to find an arrow to fit to the radiator - ideally an original one rather than a replica.

A long shot I know but does anyone have one they are prepared to sell, or any ideas where he might find one?

.jpg   Arrow badge.jpg (Size: 43.59 KB / Downloads: 420)

Has your friend not sent his question to Ian Grace to put on the PWM monthly news email?
I see the car is featured on the Pre-War Minor Network Forum.

https://prewarminorforum.com/minor-arrow...-s200.html
I made one out of aluminium for my Arrow special (AAP 558) many years ago.  It took about half an hour to make.  As the rest of the car is a replica, I wouldn't worry myself unduly about the Arrow badge?
Thanks for the replies so far. I gather Minor Arrows are very rare compared to Austin versions.
Just an observation and by no means a criticism, because I think the car looks wonderful, it looks very much like there is a beading missing along the side of the bonnet to connect with the scuttle...or perhaps it has yet to be fitted!

Good luck with the hunt for an arrow, there must be one somewhere, without a home...
Garry says he would love to continue the beading along the bonnet edge but that's not how they were from new!

Incidentally he tells me the arrow badge was a metal pressing, so not too easy to replicate.
I don’t blame Garry, but if it was never fitted, I suppose we have to bow to accuracy in order to match the original...I had no idea the arrows were a metal pressing, that’s going to be fun to replicate!
Those pictures do emphasise just how much nicer the Austin radiator surround was/is and how much more sympathetic is was to the design of the rest of the car.
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Might just be worth asking Jim Blacklock if he has any suggestions.

https://a7ca.org/member-clubs/ and scroll down to Arrow Register...

hth...