The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clean your fingernails
Today being Good Friday and a day for working on the Chummy, I decided to also make some Hot Cross Buns. I could make the dough, leave it to prove, get out to the garage etc etc.

As these came out of the oven I explained to Debs that making buns is a really good way of getting the grease and oil out from under the fingernails. She has been silent all afternoon. 

Clearly lost for words at the results of my culinary skills eh?

Happy Easter y'all.

more for yourself then nick Wink
I cleaned my nails today too…

[Image: biggrin.png]
I thought I might take a bun for an evening walk to the workshop. 

attachment=17619]
No, I don't know why the image has fallen over, perhaps it is tired after a long day and needs to lie down. 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ruairidh, I though the recipe you posted was for no-knead bread?

Did you manicure whilst it was proving?
Of course, do you not also?
For Liege read Austin 7

I started making bread after a demonstration in a "hippy, veggie, wholefood shop" in Birmingham while I was a student there in the early 1970s. The demonstrator from "Allinson's" flours made the point that you could either knead it in the bowl or on a table but you could be sure to have really clean hands when you were finished. My early loaves were a bit of the "hammer-and-chisel brick variety" but it did get better...and my hands are perfectly clean each time.

Over the years I have perfected the amount of dirt on my hands to produce wholemeal bread using white flour.