The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help and responses requested
The English Government have a Landscape Review for which they are seeking responses. The MCC have issued a request for anyone active in or interested in trialling to take a deep breath, wade through the jargon, and post a response to the paper. This is because whilst none of us want to encourage cowboys on motor bikes to chop up green lanes, properly organised trials, well established and supported by the local communities, could be seriously threatened. Events such as the Lands End, the Exeter, VSCC's Lakeland or Exmoor, or MAC's Clee Hills for instance, represent a thoughtful use of unsealed roads for which there is great historic precedence. 

Responses are only open until 9th April. The MCC seems to be the only club so far encouraging members to wade through the jargon but to get to making well argued answers to questions on pps 4,5 and 6 in particular. So perhaps whilst still wrapped in a dressing gown looking out over a very frosty morning, or this evening sat in front of the fire, could I please ask Sevenists to fill in responses, and in the current absence of any messages from clubs, to ask trialling pals to do so as well. 

.htm   download.htm (Size: 42.77 KB / Downloads: 45)
I couldn’t seem to get beyond page one, I shall try another computer!
As Steve points out the ongoing Government consultation is threatening the future of classic trials.

The green lanes are not just a way of getting from section to section, many of the observed sections are on unsurfaced green lanes BOATS and Byways. The outcome of the consultation may well result in the recreational use of vehicles being permanantly banned from ALL these routes. The Edinborough Trial for example would only have access to ONE section!

No more Beggars Roost.... No more Corkscrew.....No more........ For ever.

PLEASE PLEASE take time to fill in the consultation.

Roger
Done, only in part but all of pages 5 and 6.
I also used a standard formula cut and pasted into relevant "give your reasons " boxes, damn I've deleted it but it was on the lines of
"the public must be consulted and represented regarding this section"

It looks better than a load of unfilled forms IMHO
A useful Youtube guide to filling in the form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU-mZ14P9rE

Don't delay, do it NOW!

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/future-land...ion/intro/
Done it. Mike's link is really useful - it only took a few minutes to complete the form. Who are these people trying to close down the countryside to classic trials? I think we all know...
The scary part is the mention of unclassifed roads.
Devon and Cornwall both have a huge number of them as well as green lanes some of the unclassified roads are almost unpassable in an Austin Seven when they are overgrown and a lot of so called green lanes are still part of our highway system.
It took me quite a while to go through it all.
The VSCC has also put a link to it.
I have no idea how they could control this in rural areas,
A lot of the unclassified roads are almost becoming green lanes as the grass grows up the middle and the hedges are un cut.