The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted side draught inlet manifold
Steel adapter will also fit other sizes of SU carbs, you are limited by the diameter of the opening in the Ruby manifold.

Robert drop me a pm if you are interested in one of the other manifolds in the photo.
(03-04-2022, 12:00 PM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: The ideal, marked 'WILMIL' on reverse, but Robert knows this isn't available as it has a future with me...

hi hugh, whats the "wilmil" ?

tony
Dunno.. WILMIL seems to be stamped into it and there is another cast mark that looks like 'W M'... It does look like a pukka bit of kit and not an early manifold later amended...

Could it be William Mills? Foundries that cast all sorts of stuff including one version of the Lotus TC cylinder head, Jaguar engine castings, etc., etc.
I am sure that Roger is correct. "Who's Who in Engineering 1922" has this entry:

MILLS, Wm., Ltd., Grove Street, Birmingham. T.A.: "Wilmil, Birmingham." T. N.: Smethwick 313/4 (2 lines). Established 1886. Incorporated as a Limited Co. in 1903. Directors: A. W. Tait, C.B.E. (Chairman), A. Jacob, Lt.-Col. S. H. Pollen, C.M.G. W. B. Rommel, W. M. Morrison, J. Taylor, J. W. Echevani. Sec.: R. H. Stoddart. Manufactures. — Aluminium castings for motor cars, aluminium alloys.

Regards,

Stuart
The advantage of using a modified early inlet of carving one out of a Ruby Manifold is that you can fit a SU slightly lower alleviating some of the issues encountered with gravity feed fuel tanks when you use an integral cast Ruby manifold.
Black Art Enthusiast
I think Leafs solution does just that,the inlet cut out of a later manifold and turned upside down.
An advantage of the style as Tonys is that space remains for an air cleaner. Can be made thinner and contersunk screws usesd
A year or several ago Ruairidh posted a photo of an adapter cleverly cut from a later manifold.
The reproduction Ricardo aluminium heads also have 'WM' below the Patent information.  Presumably the original Ricardo heads were cast by William Mills?
Thanks to all who have taken an interest. I have now got a suitable manifold heading my way.