The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends' Gallery Picture of the Month - April 2022

The cover illustration from a post-war Austin Magazine submitted by Peter Naulls.

ACO 336 is not registered on the DVLA website, but can anyone identify the location?
Surely that must be St James Street SW1 as suggested by the title? I gather that there has been quite a lot of development in the London area in the last few years, new buildings and even "blocks of flats"...
London SW3 born n bred and apprenticed in Victoria SW1 in the sixties and am pretty sure that St James St SW1 London never looked like that.
Steyning, Sussex ?

Steyning High Street
.jpg   Steyning.jpg (Size: 132.68 KB / Downloads: 349)
Spot on, John, you've nailed it.

The number plate of the Austin 7 may be ACD 336?

Looks like there may be a roadside petrol pump on the extreme right hand side of the photo.
Good spot, John. ACD is a 1933 Brighton registration..
I think you're right, Malcolm and Hugh, ACO is a Plymouth number from 1937.
In case anyone's wondering, I have never been to Steyning. I just thought the boarding on the houses looked like Sussex, so I Googled for photos of "Clock Tower Sussex" and it was about the first hit !
Well done, John! I thought it might be Essex, but couldn't find anything that fitted.
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)John Cornforth Wrote: In case anyone's wondering, I have never been to Steyning.  I just thought the boarding on the houses looked like Sussex, so I Googled for photos of "Clock Tower Sussex" and it was about the first hit !

You are definitely this month's star pupil!