The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer or operator malfunction
Is it me? For the last few days I have been having missing letters in posts as I read them. This only happens on the Austin 7 Friends forum, every other page I see has no dropped letters.
No problem like that here. But the system does keep logging me out most days. It didn't used to do that.
I hvnt ntced aytng wong hre so mst b yur cmptr payig up...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Duncan - no problems on my Apple M1 chip Mac running OS Big Sur 11.6 / Safari 15.1 - however for the past few weeks I've been unable to access the following websites: 'Austin Seven Clubs' Association', 'Austin 7 Clubs' Association Centenary' and David Cochrane's 'Austin 7 Components'. All the huge number of other websites I visit are fine, it's just these three that won't now load. Are there any other Apple Mac forum uses having similar problems accessing these three sites ?
Jeff
I run Mac OS Big Sur and have had no problems at all in accessing those three sites - or indeed any others. I've no idea
what your problem is, and no solutions either, I'm sorry to say.  Have you tried the MacForum? Good luck.
True satisfaction is the delayed fulfilment of ancient wish
I'm running OS Catalina 10.15.7, regularly upgraded b*t I ge* rando* vacant sp*t* in unc*nn*ted wor*s although instead of an asterisk there are four tiny blue + marks in a tight square formation instead of the letter.
It hasn't happened for a period of 36 hours or so.
It only affected this forum, nothin else...
I’m running the same Catalina OS Duncan, without problems...I can’t imagine what’s causing that particular problem, the only time I’ve seen something similar is when the battery level is low on a wireless keyboard, but that’s only when typing of course.

Time for the usual Mac trick I think, log on to the forum, pull the plug out of the socket, make a cup of tea and plug it back in again!
……think I need a lie down
Running an old Windows 7 tower (5-6 years old)- no problems with the Forum using Microsoft Edge, or on my Windows 10 Laptop also with Edge.

Firefox and Chrome also look to be OK on the Windows 7.  

Maybe go to Specsavers ?
No problems here other than when I get messages from dyslexic keyboard operators such as Andy Bennett.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.