The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PWA7C Autokarna is go!
As PWA7C have been unable to come to a satisfactory agreement with Nottingham City Council, this year's event is relocating to STONEHURST FAMILY FARM AND MOTOR MUSEUM, BOND LANE, MOUNTSORREL, LOUGHBOROUGH  LE12 7AA

The date will be SUNDAY 22ND MAY 2022 and will be celebration of both 100 years of the A7 and also 60 years of PWA7C. 

This is an exciting new venue and there will be opportunities to visit the motor museum and family farm which includes a restaurant.  It is also hoped to have a bar and hog roast.

Entry forms for cars are available on the Club website "www.pwa7c.co.uk"

Autojumble forms are available from me at gabeckett@tiscali.co.uk
Chuffed to see this and stonehurst is a great venue but now one question is that it for wollaton park? I know it’s been on the cards for many years and a shame to loose a great venue. We have been going since around 1987 ourselves. The highlight used to be jumping back over the wall from the pub on a Saturday night as they used to lock us campers out the park. Kitchen steps were a great addition and even Willie Mackenzie joined us in the pub with a set one year was like a fashion accessory! Happy days
looking forward to stonehurst.

i hope everyone supports it, its a lovely venue for old cars.

i always hated the waite to get in and set up on the sunday morning. as the key holder was NEVER there. and always took ages to find.

tony
I think the funniest thing was when Willie Mackenzie set up and awoke the next morning surrounded by water!
hi joe,

must admit, that was just unreal to watch.

tracy and myself had already set up when it started to rain.

it was so heavy, we stood and watched the water run down the hill till it started to entre the rally field. and wondered were it would stop.

within 15 minutes we stood in 3 inches of water ourselves, and willies stall was in a pond of water, and the water wat half way up the wheels to his van.

the austin 7 spirit was there though, as several people rolled there trousers up. and carried willies stall out of the pond.

when the rain stopped, the water went as quickly as it came. except the pond.

tony
Good new about Autokarna,its a lovely venue[and very convenient for me !] However will we miss seeing other makes and models? I recall helpful SU talk with a Morris 8 owner,discussing the legality of unguarded front wings with a hotrodder,and watching a steam car flashing up, to name but a few good memories.
Hi richard.

Graham may correct me, but when I spoke to him. He suggested that ALL cars that attended Nottingham wollaton. Were welcome at the new venue.

So hopefully we will still see a good selection of vehicles.

One thing I do know as a stall holder, i wont miss the theiving public of Nottingham. And although that is probably only a small number of people. We had noticed once they got out of bed by midday to 1 PM, then got down to the show. Things started going missing after around 2pm Angry.

The last 2 or 3 events there, we were packing the stall up at 2 PM.

Tony.
Tony is correct
We have already got a good number of entries for cars other than Austin 7's