The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E10 fuel. Starting after a layup
Filled with E10 in mid-October with no expensive "treatment" additives. Pushed it out of the garage and it started immediately. Just one pull. Well, it is a Honda mower....
I've just been to our local supermarket to fill my 5 gallon jerrycan with E5, specifically for the lawnmower, strimmer, chainsaw and rotovator. I'm sure that E10 isn't recommended for non auto applications so I'm not taking the risk. Glad to hear you didn't suffer any probs though, Tony.
Spent the day getting the supersports running well. Them took it for a run to fill her up.

The local sainsburys is cheapest, but I dont like taking the 7 there as it gets busy with idiot townies going stoopid over fuel.

So I took her out to the shell station 5 miles away. 

I always used the cheap E5 in the past and it was fine. But when the E10 came in, (which was also fine for the short time I used it) I made the decision I should treat the old girl with super, 

Filled up today with super,  £26.78  Huh   f#$¥"*#÷ robbing %$#@€*÷$
Don't understand what you are complaining about Tony, after all Riccy gave us 5p off yesterday. At least I think he did...
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
to be fare andy.

ricci gave the petrol stations 5p off the tax they have to pay. (not us).

i would usually be sceptical and say you didnt think they would pass it on did you.

BUT i understand as a publicity stunt, sainsburys and asda reduced there fuel buy MORE than 5p

sadly the shell station i use, a friend was filling up there 10 mins before the 5p reduction was supposed to start. and watched the billboards have 10p added to them Big Grin he didnt whaite to see if they then took 5p off again.

the main difference between the two petrol stations is as i suggested.

sainsburys were i useally go is full of idiot townies, so one of them is likely to run into the back of the supersports.

were as the shell garage was PRACTICALLY EMPTY. no leicester loonies, no damage to car.

tony
Just remember that 50p + per litre is tax going to Government coffers...Very hard for millionaire Sunak, married to daughter of billionaire to have to cope with. Sorry, I have had enough if this shower who are supposedly running the country...(Actually had enough of them some time ago...)
hi nick,

this is were we need to be careful bringing politics into 7s.

nowadays both sides are very much the same in politics.

you can have stoopidlt rich ricci. or you can have SIR SIR SIR stoopidly rich starmer. they are both the same person just on different sides.

sorry to have to point it out.

and lets keep politics out of austin 7s.

tony.
I am inclined to agree with Tony. For me at least, this forum is a welcome dash of sanity in a crazy world that appears to be run by madmen. The current price of petrol is only one aspect of it. At least we run Sevens (which, as everyone knows was the car of the proletariat). Pity our poor confreres who run Bentleys, Royces, Delages etc!
The local independent station out by were I live only just had it’s tanks filled the day the government over here reduced its tax on the fuel . Therefore the fuel they got is still at the fuel rate.

($3.071 a  ltr for 91j

Bryan
We use E10 with no problems at all.
Jim